My family never hopped on the gift card bandwagon. My mother taught us that gifts are supposed to be thoughtful and personable. Yes, sometimes it can be hard to think of something to get for your brother’s girlfriend and your older sister, but it really is the thought that counts. Think of the kind of person they are and the kind of things they enjoy doing. This will get you started on the right foot. This week I am going to try to provide you with some gift guides to get that creative gift giving mojo flowing.
First up, gifts for the gal in your life that loves sugar and pretty things.
1. Holiday Cookie Cravings e-cookbook from the awesome food bloggers Two Peas and Their Pod.
2. Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Need I say more? This is a classic staple in every baker’s kitchen.
3. Recipe cards from Rifle Paper Co. because recipes should look pretty too 🙂 .
4. Colorful microwavable mixing bowls from Martha Stewart aka the messiah of baking are prefect for mixing and serving! I love things that do double duty!
5. This silicone brownie bowl mold is just begging for some espresso flavored ice cream.
6. There is something magical about putting on a lovely apron. Maybe its just my lust for the 50’s. Perhaps I should add some pearls to this list a la June Cleaver. Anthropologie has tons of cute options.
7. Fancy up that delectable cake by displaying it on a glass cake plate. This one from World Market is totally affordable.
8. Slice up that challah bread on this charming USA cutting board on sale at Target!
9. The Bouchon Bakery cookbook is full of American and French classic recipes. Name another cookbook that teaches you how to make ho-hos and macaroons.
Two Jewish references in one post?! I’m not Jewish, but my mom makes a mean challah bread and why does it matter anyway?! This is an equal opportunity gift guide. Merry Happy Christmahanakwanzika everyone!
Anybody else remember this commercial!? Thanks Virgin Mobile!