This picture literally makes me salivate. I am sure there are other people out there feeling the same way. This is the breakfast bread I made for Leah’s beachelorette party at a winery. It is so perfect for fall. Combine apple and pumpkin and throw some peanut butter on it. This loaf is moist (even though I hate that word) and homey. Can bread/cake be homey? Well I think so. It just gives you that all over warm feeling. Its like getting a hug 🙂 . I’ll quick gushing over this bread and share the recipe with you.
Apple Pumpkin Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25-30 minutes Yield: 24 pieces
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup boiled cider or apple juice
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring 4 cups of apple cider to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes, or until the cider reduces to 1/2 cup. Set aside to cool.
- To make the bread, whisk together flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk both sugars and applesauce. Add eggs. Add flour mixture and boiled cider until just combined. Add pumpkin.
- You can make 2 large (9x5x3) loaves, 3 medium loaves (8x4x2) or 4 small loaves (7.5×3.5×2). Spray with cooking spray and evenly divide batter. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes for large, 45 to 50 minutes for medium, and 40 to 45 minutes for small, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the bread is cooling make the glaze by whisking together all of the glaze ingredients.
- When the cake is cool to the touch, pour on the glaze.
- Heat up and enjoy!
This is a fall staple in my house. I eat it for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Enjoy!